True story: While the main reason we started The Fit RV was to encourage people to lead a more healthy and fit-focused RV lifestyle, one of the secondary reasons was to get RV manufacturers to build RVs that supported such a lifestyle. Call me selfish, but basically, one of the main reasons we started publishing our RV reviews was to get someone to build a motorhome that had proper bike storage. For me. For my bikes. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me.
This is what success looks like:
We’re not taking all the credit here. Just 80% of the credit. The other 20% is evenly split between a) all of Europe, and b) those of you we encouraged to write in to RV manufacturers asking for exactly this kind of rig. Floor plans with garages are almost mandatory in Europe, and we’re super excited that Leisure Travel Vans has finally brought this very sensible floor plan to North America. Most everything we know about the rig made it into the video, but for those of you who like a score card, here’s a quick run down of our impressions of the LTV Wonder RTB.
What We Really Liked
- The Bike Garage, obviously
- The attention to detail in the little things. We point this out in several places in the video. We can always tell when we’re inside a Leisure Travel Vans rig, and it’s the attention they pay to the little things that makes this obvious to us. Spend any time inside their rigs yourself, and you’ll see what we mean.
- The insane amount of storage. Quite literally, we almost think there’s too much storage in this rig. You won’t have to worry about having a place for all of your stuff. In fact, if you fill up the storage in this rig, we’d encourage you to look again at your cargo – because you can probably leave something behind.
- Every outlet we saw in the rig was powered by the 1000 watt inverter. This is fantastic, because it means (as long as you can find 1000 watt appliances) you could, for example, have toast while dry-camping in a Wal-Mart parking lot… without running the generator (assuming you have enough battery capacity). There may be non-inverted outlets in this coach, but we didn’t find them.
- Speaking of the generator, if you have to have one, you might as well go all-in and get one that produces the full 30 amps. That’s what LTV did here, and we appreciate it!
- 15,000 BTU Air Conditioning shouldn’t have trouble keeping up even on the hottest days.
What We Wish Was Different
- Leisure Travel Vans is one of our favorite RV manufacturers. But they’re the only one of our favorites that doesn’t currently have a lithium-powered offering. We’d like to see that change, including on this rig. Once you’ve had a lithium-powered rig as we do, it’s tough to see yourself going back.
- That Absorption Refrigerator. We make no secret of our disdain for absorption refrigeration in general. There are several posts on our site about it. They just don’t work as well as compressor refrigerators. So do we wish this was different? Heck yeah we do.
- We’d really like to see them include ducted air conditioning in that ceiling. The 15,000 BTU AC will do a fine job, but those air distribution boxes are just loud. We’ve been in some of their coaches with ducted air conditioning, and it’s much quieter.
- Though I didn’t see any water lines underneath, this is still a 3 season rig. We’d like to see some winterization features added to the coach. Heating pads, insulated doors on that bike garage… The kind of things I’d add if we had this rig.
So there you have it. Our review of THE FIRST North American RV with a bike garage. We’re thrilled that this option is available in North America now, and we’re extremely proud of Leisure Travel Vans for bringing this floor plan to life. What do you think about this rig and this floor plan? Sound off in the comments below!