This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commisson if you decide to make a purchase through them. There is no addtional cost to you.
Our Winnebago EKKO RV is only 23 feet long, but that doesn’t mean we can’t install Big-Rig style appliances… like a CENTRAL VACUUM! Now, before you think I’m weird, remember, we travel with a cat… with hair… and I’m kinda OCD.
OK, most of you probably still think I’m weird, but that doesn’t mean this vacuum isn’t awesome!
Full disclosure here: Stef and I are Camping World partners. But even though we are, I wanted this vacuum so badly I just went down to our local Camping World store, purchased it off the shelf, and paid full price. You can see the exact model here: https://cmpngwrld.com/3b6jTk5
(If you decide you’d like one, don’t forget our Camping World discount code in the sidebar!)
I say pretty much everything in the video, but just a few points bear repeating here:
- The CV-1500 RV Central vacuum is pretty easy to install. Cutting the hole for the vacuum port and finding a place to mount the canister are the only two real challenges with the install.
- This thing is one of the most powerful vacuums I’ve ever used. I really didn’t expect that.
- It does sound like a vacuum, but that noise is mitigated because you can install it in an exterior cabinet. Whereas with a regular vacuum, you’re right there next to it while you use it.
- It doesn’t come with the carpet attachment. That’s a separate purchase. Factor that in if you need it.
- With the long hose, I can reach every part of our RV, and even the outside storage compartments.
If there’s a question you have, or if I forgot to cover something in the video, leave me a comment below, and I’ll try to answer it for you.