This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commisson if you decide to make a purchase through them. There is no addtional cost to you.
OK. First off, sorry it’s been three weeks since I put up the last video. That’s actually about how long it took me to do the work, but I never imagined it would take me that long to get up the video. This one’s a bit different… Behold:
Most of the work I did in this video was done in bits and spurts. I’d add a few zip ties between Zoom meetings; install solar after work; that kind of thing. It was difficult to film, because I wasn’t ever totally sure what I was going to do next or when I was going to do it. But hopefully this all makes sense in the video. Here are some of the “sub-projects” you’ll see completed in the video:
- 3D printing and fabricating duct collars for the inverter compartment ductwork.
- Complete ventilation and ductwork install in the inverter compartment.
- Fabricate and quality check cable end lugs.
- Install solar panel port on rear bumper and wire in with main roof solar.
- Run new 4/0 cable to the second alternator.
- Make an audible change to the cable wrap I used to save space.
- Run large-gauge wiring through the coach from inverter to load center.
- Change plans on battery mounting and mount 5 Lithionics batteries.
- Fabricate enclosure for 250A breakers (I wound up using two, not one.)
- Install SmartPlug.
- Modify load center to accommodate two independent sets of breakers.
- Remove the power share device.
- Replace the load center.
- Build mounting board for Victron Lynx bus bars, solar charge controller, hardwired surge protector.
- Install inverter/charger.
- Install all large-gauge 12v components.
- Install seat belt.
- Smoke test 12v system with power. (I was prepared for literal smoke…)
- Try to get away with using the Xantrex 6-conductor control cable for the 8-conductor Victron control panel.
- Fail at that.
- Run new 8 conductor ethernet cable for the Victron inverter control panel.
- Smoke test 120v system.
- Fabricate trim rings and cover plates for solar switches, propane monitor, and Victron inverter control panel.
- Re-seal inverter (formerly battery + inverter) compartment with thermostatic fan controls installed.
- Finish and make work-safe electrical install.
Yeah. So it was a lot. If I had to do it over again, I could make a pretty good run book, but I didn’t have that knowledge from the start.
I didn’t list out the products that I used in this post, because there are literally hundreds of them. If there is something you really want to know more about, ask a question down in the comments and I’ll try to post up a link, or explain myself, or both!