This post may contain affiliate links.
While we were at the Southwest RV Supershow recently, we got a chance to get up close and personal with one of the new models from Pleasure-Way: The Plateau XL Wide body. I have to tell you, their designers really nailed it on the floor plan. Both Stef and I were immediately impressed with the Murphy bed. It runs long ways down the coach, so they can have a large bed available, and still get it out of the way; all without having to use a slide. In fact, Stef and I both (each unknown to the other) went to check to make sure there was no slide! The other “blown-away” feature was the bathroom. Besides being very spacious, it features a rather luxurious shower with Corian walls. Somehow, they manage to fit all this into a coach that’s no longer than our current Class B Das Bus (22’9″), and they keep it light enough to provide almost 1500 pounds of cargo capacity. I think there might be some sorcery involved in keeping it that light…
But, there are still a couple things that keep it from being the *perfect* RV for us. If you don’t feel like watching the video, here’s our quick rundown.
Things we loved:
- Innovative floor plan – you’ll be confused when you realize there’s no slide. It’s that good.
- Incredible Occupant and Cargo Carrying Capacity – best I’ve ever seen in a B+ or small C.
- Very compact dimensions – only 18 inches wider and NO LONGER than our current true class B.
- One of the best bathrooms I’ve seen in a small RV.
Why it might not work for us:
- Not a 4 season coach. Water lines and tanks are located outside.
- No real place to store bikes indoors.
- Only 100 amp hours of battery. (We currently have more than twice that.)
If you want the nitty-gritty details of what I found and what I saw during the review, I’m attaching the checklist here: 2015 Pleasureway-Plateau-XL-checklist.
Finally, we really want to thank Chuck Kellogg, from Pleasure-Way, and Jerry Traylor, from Traylor Motorhomes. They were both key in getting us access to, and answering questions about the Pleateau XL. We couldn’t have made the video without their help. Thanks guys!