Once again, we’re reviewing our own RV, and it’s probably long overdue! We’ve had our Winnebago Travato, Lance, for over a year now. But I kept stalling on doing an RV tour because I kept making additions and enhancements. I wanted to wait until I was “done” to do a walkthrough video.
But Stef finally won out, and convinced me that I’d never be “done” tinkering with the RV. So, off we went into the middle of the deepest forest we could find. That’s where we shot this video, which we’re calling “The Tour de Lance” (get it?):
To go through every little detail on the RV would make for a really long video that would probably bore a lot of people. Plus, we’ve already written about a lot of the systems and modifications we’ve done. So for those of you who are interested in the details, rather than rehash them in the video, I’ll give you this list of write-ups which will cover all the details you could possibly want.
- The Winterproof Travato: Extensive modifications for winter camping.
- Our Generator-Free RV: Details on extensive electrical system modifications.
- Installing Leather Seats: Don’t-Try-This-At-Home details on DIY leather seats.
- How to Fix the Cold Water Blast: Lance’s RV Shower mod that keeps our showers warm.
- Measuring 12 Volt Loads: Basic knowledge on how much electricity our various systems use.
- Hacksawing the Refrigerator Door: Modifying the fridge to be the way it should have been from the factory.
- Infrared Insulation Assessment: Additional info for wintertime mods.
- MCD Shades for the Rear Windows: Quick install of a popular shade.
- Building a Roof Fairing: Making an aerodynamic accessory from scratch.
- Increasing the Ground Clearance: Adding rear spring helpers to gain some lift.
- Insulating the Travato Doors: How to on insulating the van.
- Meet Lance: Our initial impressions with Lance out of the gate.
And there are probably more posts with modifications and details that I don’t even remember right now. Anyway, now that it’s done, I’m glad that Stef convinced me to go ahead with the RV tour. It was time.
Hope you enjoy it!