This post may contain affiliate links.
We like to hope that what we do with our blog matters in some small way. And every once in a while, we get a little validation. Sometimes, it’s someone who emails us and says they’ve made some healthy changes in their lives a a result of something they saw here. (You guys know who you are – and you rock.) And sometimes, someone lets us know that they were able to make a better decision on their next rig because of our site. But it’s pretty awesome when a ginormous RV manufacturer takes some of your suggestions and uses them to improve their product. We review the changes to the 2017 Winnebago Travato in this video. Check it out and you’ll see what we mean:
We’re flattered that “indoor plumbing”, running boards, and extra storage are making their way to new Winnebago Travatos. But it’s not just us! Winnebago has obviously been listening to other Travato owners as well, and they’re incorporating some of the more popular modifications into the core product. Here’s a partial list of the changes in the 2017 (and a half) Winnebago Travato.
- All fresh water plumbing is inside the rig (on the G, the K was already like that)
- Full length running board with down-lighting (shorty on the driver’s side)
- New Awning with no supporting struts (arms, or legs, or whatever you call them)
- Awning also has a wind sensor to retract in high winds
- New bike rack!
- New detachable ladder system that works with the roof rack (it’s brilliant – you’ve gotta see it)
- New storage cubby in the G (not applicable to the K)
- Adjustable bed support strap in the G (again, not applicable to the K)
- Driver’s side exterior lighting over the service center.
- Relocated macerator switch (G only)
- More efficient air conditioner
- Counter top extension
And I’ve probably forgotten a few, so you’d better watch the video to be sure you get them all. Oh – and thanks to all the readers, viewers, and show attendees who make cameo appearances in this video!
You can bet I’ll be hard at work to keep our own Travato, Lance, the coolest one out there. But as the improvements keep coming, it won’t be easy to stay on top!