We see a lot of RVs, and in particular, we see a whole bunch of Sprinter-based, Class B motorhomes. If you’re reading this, you’ve probably seen a bunch of Sprinter based camper vans as well. In fact, you can probably picture one of those “me too” designs in your head. So there needs to be something unique about one to get you interested.
When we were at Open House in Elkhart, Indiana, we had the chance to review Winnebago’s new Era floor plan, the 170B. This floor plan – which is sort of similar to the 170X – is so new, it isn’t even on the official Winnebago website as I write this! But the thing that stuck out in our minds about this one was the galley. If you like to travel, but don’t want to give up that awesome home-cooking experience while you do it, you should really take a look at this RV. See what we mean in the video.
Now, I’ve mentioned that the 170B is loosely based on the 170X. But there are a number of key differences and improvements. Here are a few bullet points to get you filled in:
- Nova Kool 6 cu. Ft. refrigerator/freezer powered by 12V DC. We LOVE compressor refrigerators in RVs!
- Large, adult-human-sized storage area under the rear sofa.
- Below floor storage compartment in the rear. But you don’t have to use it as a litter box. 🙂
- Crazy long galley with 3 burners, convection microwave, and tons of storage.
- Dovetail drawers – solid maple drawer boxes! (I get excited about woodworking.)
- Bamboo shower platform
- New Roof rack with adjustable cross bars for mounting solar panels, cargo boxes, etc.
- New Ladder can be detached and positioned anywhere along the driver side of the coach to access the roof.
- 1000 Watt pure sine wave inverter. (Don’t get an inverter that’s not pure sine wave, btw.)
- Inverter 110v receptacles. – Located in the rear sofa area and forward of the refrigerator cabinet.
- New (huge) L.P. Tank. Propane for weeks!
- New 3’ longer awning and bracket. This impossibly long awning features a wind sensor and auto-retract.
- App control module for multiplex system. Download the “Precision Plex – Wireless” app for Android and iOS smart phones or tablets. Stef set this up in 2 minutes, and it’s way fun to control and monitor the rig with it.
There are more new features than that, actually, but that’s all I had in my notes. You can see all of those and more in the video. But seriously, the thing that stood out most to us about this one was the galley. If “galley” is on your list of important features for a new Class B RV, you should give this one a look.