Hello RV Friends –
This video is probably mostly for the guys. In it, I show you some very traditional weightlifting exercises. Stef isn’t in the video, so I don’t have to “activate my core” or stretch, or “work or my balance”. None of that here. I’m just lifting weights in the gym.
But unless you’ve got a much bigger RV than we do, you can’t bring a gym on your next trip. So for each traditional exercise I show you, I next show you how to modify it to do the exercise with resistance bands. Resistance bands are a fabulous tool for staying fit while RVing. They’re inexpensive, they pack down very small, and since they come in different tensions – everyone in the RV can use them.
These are the bands we’re recommending. We like these sets for RV travel for the following reasons:
- The bands have detachable ends – you can use more than one band at a time to increase the resistance, and you don’t have to carry around 5 sets of handles
- These are good quality tube bands, so they should last a while (heck, we use them)
- The Anti-Snap technology in the bands could save you from a nasty welt!
- The sets come with door anchors or anywhere anchors
- All of this packs down in an included storage bag, so it won’t take up a lot of room in your rig
I really hope you find this video helpful and can use some of these ideas to stay fit while you RV.
See you on the road!